John Hopkins September 1st, 2009
The college operates an emergency notification system called “ConnectED” that allows students, faculty and staff to be alerted quickly by voice, text, and e-mail in the event of an emergency on campus.
The system will be used only for notification of:
- Emergency situations, in which there is an immediate threat to life and safety;
- Warnings of an approaching threat, such as a tornado or other severe weather;
- Alerts concerning things like a rash of car break-ins in a particular area of campus; or
- Updates on prior incidents, such as the apprehension of a suspect.
It will not be used for general announcements.
The system is only as effective as the contact information each member of the campus community provides. To update your information:
- Got to ScotWeb
- Log in with your college user I.D. and password
- Select either “Students” or “Employees” and then “Emergency Contact Information”
- Update your information and submit.
- Comments Off on Emergency Notification System